Cookies are data about the user of a website that are stored on the user's computer and can be accessed when the user revisits the website. There are different types of cookies, the most generic and commonly used are: "session cookies" and "persistent cookies". Session cookies only reside in memory and therefore the cookie disappears when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies, on the other hand, remain on your computer.
This website uses the information collected through both types of cookies (session and persistent) to improve the content and usability of the websites. You can delete or block cookies through your browser.
What are cookies?
Cookies are data about the user of a website that are stored on the user's computer and the information is retrieved when you browse when you visit the same website.
There are different types of cookies, depending on who manages them, and the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, we can know or distinguish between them:
- First-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
Types of cookies according to the length of time they remain activated:
Depending on the length of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Types of cookies according to their purpose:
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical Cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services it exist as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcast video or sound or share content via social networks.
- Preference or personalisation cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
How to disable cookies from your web browser?
To do so, you should know that browsers allow you to block, restrict or even delete cookies. All browsers have a configuration for this, and you can do so by following one of the procedures detailed below:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer (Windows Phone)
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome for Android
This website uses information collected through the following types of cookies to improve the content and use of this website.